NZIPP INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP
It’s easy to join the NZIPP – follow these four simple steps:
- Read the Types of Membership to determine your joining option
- Read the NZIPP Code of Ethics
- Fill out the Membership Application Form (and Google form if applying for International Accredited membership – link in form)
- Pay online.
Please note: NZIPP membership is individual and neither transferable nor refundable.
NZIPP will be working through the benefits available to International members over the coming months.
Currently we can offer the following to International Accredited members:
BE PART OF OUR NZIPP FACEBOOK COMMUNITY
ATTEND REGIONAL EVENTS ANYWHERE IN NZ AT MEMBER RATES
ACCESS OUR LEGAL DOCUMENTS AND BASE RATE CALCULATOR**
GET NZIPP MEMBER RATES AT NATIONAL EVENTS
GET NZIPP MEMBER RATES TO NEW ZEALAND PHOTOGRAPHY SHOW
GET NZIPP ACCREDITED MEMBER RATES TO NZIPP IRIS AWARDS
BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE TITLE OF NZIPP AUSTRALIAN PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
GET RECIPROCAL ORGANISATION EVENT ENTRY RATES
EARN NZIPP SERVICE AWARDS
GET 15% DISCOUNT ON PHOTOGRAPHIC PRINTING AT EVOKE STUDIO*
GET DISCOUNT WITH MARK ROSSETTO – THE PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS COACH
GET 25% DISCOUNT AT MOMENTO PRO, AND 40% DISCOUNT ON UP TO 5 SAMPLES
EARN NZIPP DISTINCTIONS
USE THE NZIPP BRANDING
BE LISTED ON THE NZIPP “FIND A PHOTOGRAPHER” SEARCH
BE PROMOTED BY NZIPP
USE THE CODE NZIPPSN50 AND GET 50% OFF OUR STUDIO NINJA SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR 12 MONTHSGET ONE FREE ENTRY TO NZIPP IRIS AWARDS ANNUALLY
GET ONE FREE ENTRY TO NZIPP DIGITAL AWARDS ANNUALLY
PARTICIPATE IN NZIPP SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
15% OFF RRP OF CUSTOM FRAMING, AND 50% OFF SAMPLES** AT EDGES ART AND FRAMING*
LONG SERVING MEMBER DISCOUNT
*NZ BASED SUPPLIERS
**NZ RELEVANT DOCUMENTS
This is our entry point for those who would like to be involved in their region. This membership is open to all full or part-time photographers from all genres of photography, and where you can become part of the NZIPP community. Regional Membership gives you access to regional events throughout our seven regions, but you pay non member rates to attend national events. As an NZIPP Regional Member you can access our facebook community and build connections amongst your peers. Join as a Regional Member if:
- You want to be part of the supportive and active NZIPP community
- You are looking for local support within your region
- You want to attend regional events but probably won’t enter the Iris Awards or attend national events such as New Zealand Photography Show
- You want to grow your photography business
- You want to help support, develop and protect the profession of photography.
If you are considering becoming an NZIPP Accredited Professional Photographer, or may enter the Iris Awards or attend a National event such as the New Zealand Photography Show, you may like to consider joining NZIPP as an Affiliate Member.
An Affiliate membership is open to new and current members; who may or may not want to work towards accreditation and attend regional and national events such as the Iris Awards and New Zealand Photography Show at member rates. Join as an Affiliate Member if:
- You believe in what the NZIPP stands for within the profession of photography
- You want to be part of and support the growing NZIPP community
- You want to enjoy NZIPP Affiliate Member benefits including discounted rates for our national events.
Having attained the designation of NZIPP Accredited Professional Member (APM) means you have demonstrated your commitment and capabilities as a professional photographer through the NZIPP Accreditation system. As an NZIPP Accredited Professional:
- You can make a statement and market your professional status through use of the NZIPP branding
- You have the support to develop and grow a successful photography business
- You will enjoy greater member and trade partner benefits and discounts
- You can offer greater assurance to your clients that they are engaging a true professional, who has met minimum standards within the profession
- You make a commitment to maintaining your Accredited Professional status through participation in ongoing professional development
- You can make a difference within the profession of photography, through involvement and advocacy
- You can earn NZIPP Honours distinctions through the Iris Awards.
If you are studying photography and/or a related programme, either full or part-time at a recognised Australian tertiary institute, joining the NZIPP as a Student Member is the first step towards your career in photography. Membership with the NZIPP provides a great opportunity for you to build networks within the profession and photographic industry.
Code of Ethics
- I agree to be bound by the Constitution* and By-Laws* of the New Zealand Institute of Professional Photography (NZIPP) and abide by the regulations and guidelines of the NZIPP as set down from time to time.
- I acknowledge that I am bound by the NZIPP Code of Ethics and recognise the authority of the NZIPP Board in all matters relating to the interpretation and enforcement of this code.
- I shall at all times present myself; my photography and my photographic services, in a professional, moral and ethical fashion, and will not bring the NZIPP into disrepute in any way through my association.
- I will deal with all users of photography and the public with honesty and integrity. I shall exercise reasonable skill, care and diligence in the discharge of my duties, giving full consideration to the requirements of the client.
- I will not use any marketing or unfair competitive practice, which violates any statute or any decision of a court. I will avoid at all times collective actions between fellow professional photographers that conspire to be or are in effect anti-competitive.
- I will ensure that I comply with all laws and requirements applicable to my business operation, in particular those relating to Copyright, Environmental, Employment, OSH, Software/Music Licensing, Taxation and those set down in the Consumer Guarantees Act, the Fair Trading Act and the Commerce Commission.
- I shall at all times observe the requirements of NZIPP Brand Guidelines* in all promotional activity and shall ensure that advertisements, promotions and other public announcements will not bring the Institute into disrepute. I agree only to use, in conjunction with my name, such designatory letters or other descriptions to which I am entitled.
Market Related Matters
- I will ensure that clients are made fully aware of all financial obligations prior to entering a contract or paying for a service. Explanation of these financial obligations will not be misleading or concealing in anyway, and I will not utilise any form of ‘high pressure’ selling tactics to book clients or influence clients to place orders.
- In the matter of any dispute with a client or a fellow photographer, I will recognise the arbitrations by the Institute as set out by the By-Law* relating to Complaints.
- Observing the NZIPP Standard Terms & Conditions*, I will fulfill all contractual obligations, offer reasonable warranty of products and services, and perform on such warranty without hesitation, where claims are justified. I will ensure that all photography transactions, including the production of wedding albums, does not take more than three months from the date of order, or a firm delivery date be agreed in writing at the contract stage.
- I will strive at all times to produce photographic images and/or business services that meet the highest standards of professionalism.
- I will advertise and sell the merits of my services and products honestly and undertake only assignments that my firm or I can reasonably expect to complete with professional competence.
- If myself or my organisation cannot undertake an assignment, I will refer the client to another suitably qualified photographer who can best fulfill the client’s needs.
- I will not commit any acts that will discredit the profession and I will refrain from degrading competitors.
- I will not concurrently engage in any business or occupation, which compromises my ability to perform professional image making services.
- I shall not offer or accept a photograph for reproduction or accept a reproduction fee in respect of any photograph for which I do not own the copyright, without the express permission of the owner of the copyright.
- I will ensure that any matter referring to copyright is clearly visible on contracts, and that reasonable usage rights for the studio be contractually established at the time of the original contract, and that these rights extend to an agreed level of promotion for the studio, including entry into professional competitions and exhibitions.
- I acknowledge that every client entering into a contract with an NZIPP member is entitled to receive a copy of the Code of Ethics*.
- I will ensure that my business carries appropriate insurance cover.
Member Related Matters
- In whatever capacity I am engaged I shall act in a just and faithful manner towards clients, employers and employees; towards others with which my work is connected, and towards other members of the NZIPP.
- I will not divulge any confidential information acquired by me during the course of my professional duties to any party.
- I understand that if I willfully or knowingly condone, or am party to any act perpetrated by others, which contravenes this Code of Ethics, then I shall be as equally responsible as if I had committed such a breach on my own account.
- I will be responsible for the conduct and performance of any person employed or sub-contracted by me.
- I will actively support and where possible assist in the education of all interested persons and the general public in the art and science of professional photography.
- I will strive at all times to upgrade and improve my knowledge and skills in the profession of photography and related areas.
Do hereby solemnly declare that:
- I agree to be bound by the Constitution* and By-Laws* of the NZIPP.
- I acknowledge that I am bound by the NZIPP Code of Ethics and recognise the authority of the NZIPP Board in all matters relating to the interpretation and enforcement of this Code, and understand that failure to comply with the ethics can result in cessation of membership and all associated privileges at the sole discretion of the NZIPP.
- I declare that I satisfy all relevant legal requirements and possess the necessary licensing requirements to operate my business in an ethical manner. I understand that any misrepresentation of the above, including this statement can result in immediate cessation of membership, and all associated privileges.
- I acknowledge that the onus to meet all business requirements lies solely with myself and that the NZIPP and/or its office bearers will not and can not be held responsible in relation to correct licensing for the applicant’s business.
- The NZIPP and/or office bearers will not be held responsible for any legal responsibility in relation to the applicant’s business dealings
I solemnly declare that within the last 10 years: I have not had proceedings instituted against me for failure to pay for the supply of goods or services, other than those that have been properly defended on the basis that the same was not properly due and payable. I have read and understood the Code of Ethics, and accept the Constitution* and By-Laws* of the New Zealand Institute of Professional Photography.
The NZIPP Constitution is accompanied by the NZIPP By-Laws and Code of Ethics which set out the rules by which the NZIPP is operated.
During the member application process a member acknowledges that they have read and agree to be bound by the Constitution, By-Laws and Code of Ethics.
The NZIPP Board may from time to time make By-Laws for the better management of the affairs of THE INSTITUTE as per the Constitution.
First founded in 1938, the NZ Institute of Professional Photography Inc is a not for profit organisation that represents the interests of professional photographers across New Zealand on issues relevant to the industry such as copyright, legal and business matters and technical developments. It cultivates friendship and mutual understanding between photographers and raises the profile of professional photography through its activities and events.
Annually NZIPP hosts the New Zealand Photography Show which comprises the NZ Iris Professional Photography Awards, two-day Conference and Gala Dinner; and the SUMMIT which comprises the Policy and Planning Council, AGM and SUMMIT Workshop. The NZIPP operational framework is through a volunteer regional network which conducts programmes, events and activities within the region; or jointly with other regions; or as a nationwide group.
Richard Wood GM.NZIPP
Marama Shearer M.NZIPP
Colleen Kiddie M.NZIPP